As volcanos rage in Europe, Open Source rumbles in Ireland, as we seem to be smack bang in the middle of conference season! Somewhere between OSSBarcamp just gone and the Open Spaces Coding Day coming up we’ve managed to get a chance to mixdown a very interesting interview from FOSDEM with IronRuby contributor Ivan Porto Carrero.
Ivan is the author of IronRuby in Action, published by Manning, a comprehensive and hands on introduction to IronRuby – an implementation of Ruby which runs on top of .NET (including Mono). This allows you, for example, to easily develop Ruby plugins for Mono apps such as Banshee on Ubuntu, as well bringing the power of Ruby to a wide range of developers working with .NET on Windows. The timing of this podcast couldn’t be better as the official IronRuby 1.0 release is just out!
As with last year, if you’ve any feedback please send it on via our twitter account (codemongrel) or post a comment below! We’d love to hear your opinion.
Season 2 Episode 2 is available at the following links (high quality formats recommended)
- High Quality Ogg (5.9 MB)
- Low Quality Ogg (3.4 MB)
- High Quality MP3 (13 MB)
- Low Quality MP3 (3.2 MB)
Running time 13:38.
Music by Josh Woodward (Sticky Bee), see joshwoodward.com
- Ruby for .NET gets stable with IronRuby 1.0 – News Article on the IronRuby 1.0 Release
- IronRuby drops – make some noise! – A call to .NET dev’s to consider IronRuby now that the 1.0 release is out!
- IronRuby Project – The home of the IronRuby project online
- IronRuby in Action (Manning) – by Ivan Porto Carrero
- Irish Open Spaces Coding Day – A Dublin Alt.NET event to get together, write code and have fun (April 24th 2010).
- FOSDEM 2010 Videos – Both streamed and downloadable videos of many of the talks at FOSDEM are available here
Code Mongrel Podcast by Code Mongrel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.